Product & Services
- Short Term / Medium Term / Long Term Power Trading
- Solar Bundled Power
- Cross Border Trading
- Power Banking Arrangement
- Trading of Power & REC on Power Exchanges
NVVN has been actively associated with the Power Trading activities since
inception and has been instrumental in offering best products & services
required by our valuable Customers from time to time. Power has been traded
by NVVN as required in various products categorized on time of day basis
to meet evening peak, off peak, round the clock, night power, morning peak
demand and as & when available basis. NVVN has also tied up for
different power SWAP arrangements amongst various States for deriving mutual
benefit. NVVN is poised and looking ahead for trading on long term basis from
Cross Border, Captive Power Plants(CPPs), Independent Power Producers(IPPs) and merchant power from NTPC Stations.
NVVN is a "Trader Member" of IEX (India Energy Exchange Ltd.) & Power Exchange India Ltd (PXIL) and undertakes trading of Power (in DAM & TAM segments) and REC on Power Exchange Platform of IEX.
Solar Bundled Power
Govt. of India has appointed NVVN as the Nodal Agency for Phase I of Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission (JNNSM) with a mandate for purchase of power from the Solar Power Projects connected to grid at 33kV and above at tariff regulated by CERC and for sale of such power bundled with the power sourced from NTPC coal power stations to Distribution Utilities under Phase I of JNNSM which envisages setting up of 1,000 MW solar capacity.
Bhutan: NVVN has been assigned the role of Nodal Agency for trading of power from Bhutan by GOI.
- NVVN has been assigned the role of Nodal Agency for trading of power with Bangladesh. NVVN has signed an agreement with Bangladesh (BPDB) for supply of 250 MW power for 25 years from various central generating stations of NTPC. The supply has commenced from Oct-2013 after completion of transmission link between India & Bangladesh in Eastern Region.
- Power Purchase Agreement has being signed between Bangladesh Power Development Board (BPDB) and NVVN and back to back PSA have also been signed with Tripura State Electricity Corporation Ltd (TSECL) for supply of 100MW power to BPDB under radial mode.
Nepal: Govt. of India has appointed NVVN as the Nodal Agency for cross border power trading with Nepal. PPA was signed between NVVN and Nepal Electricity Authority for supply of 80MW power to Nepal through Muzafferpur-Dhalkabar transmission line.
NVVN, the only public sector power trader, started in 2002-03 with a volume of 21.10 MU. NVVN has achieved trading volume of 12,766.00 MU in last financial year.
Figures for FY 2015-16 includes 1,66,455 Renewable Energy Certificates(REC-Solar & Non Solar) which is equivalent to 166.455 MUs.