NTPC Vidyut Vyapar Nigam Ltd. (NVVN) was formed by NTPC Ltd in the year 2002, as its wholly owned subsidiary to tap the potential of power trading in the country. NVVN holds a highest Category 'I' power trading license as per latest CERC regulation.
- National Solar Mission Phase-I: Govt. of India has appointed NVVN as the Nodal Agency for Phase I of Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission (JNNSM) with a mandate for purchase of power from the Solar Power Projects connected to grid at 33kV and above at tariff regulated by CERC and for sale of such power bundled with the power sourced from NTPC coal power stations to Distribution Utilities under Phase I of JNNSM which envisages setting up of 1,000 MW solar capacity.
- Expert PSU in Roof Top Solar: NVVN is empanelled as expert PSU for Roof Top Solar for buildings of Ministry of Health and Welfare and Department of Health & Research
- Renewable Asset: NVVN is looking forward to increase its asset base thus, actively participating in tenders of solar projects under CAPEX and RESCO model.
- NVVN has excelled in many fields including the following :
- Short Term / Medium Term / Long Term Power Trading
- Power Banking Arrangement
- Trading of Power on the platform of Power Exchanges
- Trading of RECs and Energy Saving Certificates (EScerts) on Power Exchange
- NVVN is a "Trader Member" of IEX (India Energy Exchange Ltd.) & Power Exchange India Ltd (PXIL) and undertakes trading of Power (in DAM/ TAM/ RTM segments) and RECs &ESCerts on Power Exchange Platform of IEX.
Cross Border Trade of Electricity
- NVVN has been designated as the nodal agency for cross border trading of power with Bangladesh, Bhutan and Nepal.
- Presently NVVN is exporting 710 MW power to Bangladesh which is about 61% of total export of power to Bangladesh. NVVN is also supplying upto 350 MW power to Nepal.
- Ministry of Power, Govt. of India has also nominated NTPC VidyutVyapar Nigam Limited (NVVN) as Settlement Nodal Agency (SNA) for settlement of Grid operation related charges with neighbouring countries, namely, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal and Myanmar.
Projects in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- 15 MW DG set: NVVN has played a key role in meeting the power demand of A&N by supplying 15 MW DG power to A&N islands.Approx. 40% of total A&N power requirement is being fulfilled by NVVN.
- LNG Power Project: To reduce the diesel consumption and to provide clean, reliable power, NVVNis going to implement 50 MW LNG Power Project in Andaman and Nicobar Islands. The project is likely to be commissioned by March 2023.
- NVVN is making foray in the e-mobility segment including providing vehicles and related services in various vehicle segments. NVVN is actively bidding for e-mobility projects of State / City Transport Authorities / Corporates / Govt. bodies etc. on commercial arrangements.
NVVN is actively looking for opportunities to expand its current business portfolio and diverse its portfolio by venturing into new lucrative businesses.